Corruption is one of the largest and most complex phenomena affecting the development of societies in all its domains. It hampers economic growth, the proper functioning of the institutions on which democracies rest and makes it impossible to establish a true rule of law. While it is true that there have always been reports of multiple acts of corruption in Mexico, it is also true that in recent times such acts have increased dramatically. Just to mention some cases in the public domain, are Pemex, Banamex, Hewlett-Packard and OHL. As a response by the Federal Government, in May two thousand fifteen were carried out some of the most important constitutional reforms known, with the National Anti-Corruption System. Subsequently, in July of the past annuity, seven laws were published and modified, which conform the architecture of said institution.
This course was designed with a theoretical-practical approach, with the purpose of analyzing in detail the new legal figures of the National Anti-Corruption System, the rights and obligations of the actors and prevention mechanisms to avoid incurring liability. In addition to checking that the knowledge acquired is useful through hypothetical cases in which sanctions are imposed on public servants and individuals. For this we will have exhibitors with extensive experience in litigation, investigation, teaching and in the Federal Public Administration. We will also enjoy the presence of special guests of the Chamber of Deputies, Secretariat of Public Function and Tax Administration Service.
Target audience: public servants, company executives, comptrollers, auditors, teachers, students and anyone interested in knowing the subject and in combating corruption.
Opening and Antecedents of The National Anticorruption System.
Guest: L.L.M. Mariana Benítez Tiburcio, Former Deputy Attorney General and International Affairs of the Attorney General's Office.
Speaker: L.L.M. Areli Ruth Gómez Mundo, Partner at GÓMEZ MUNDO & SUÁREZ EYZAGUIRRE, ABOGADOS ASOCIADOS, S.C.
Friday 3 February.
Constitutional Framework and General Law of The National Anticorruption System.
· Basis of The National Anticorruption System.
· Coordinating Committee and Citizen Participation Committee.
· Characteristics of the National Audit System and the National Digital Platform.
Speaker: L.L.M. Rafael Martínez Rosas, Former Secretary General of the Auxiliary Instruction Body of the Attorney General's Office.
Saturday 4 and Friday 10 February.
General Law of Administrative Responsibilities.
· Obligations of public and private servants.
· Patrimonial evaluation system, declaration of interests and tax declaration.
· Protocol of performance in contracting.
· Serious and non-serious administrative misconduct.
· Acts of individuals related to serious misconduct.
· Substantiation of the administrative responsibility procedure.
Guest: L.L.M. Luis Bartolini Esparza, Head of the Internal Control Body of National Financial, SNC.
Speaker: P.H.D. Lizbeth Xóchitl Padilla Sanabria, Candidate for Anti-Corruption Prosecutor and Full-time Professor at the Faculty of Higher Studies Acatlán, UNAM.
Saturday 11 and Friday, February 17.
Law on Audit and Accountability of the Federation
· Strengthening of the Superior Audit of the Federation for the fight against corruption.
· Guest: L.L.M. Óscar Jorge Durán Díaz, Director of Institutional Linkage at Banco de México.Fortalecimiento de la Auditoría Superior de la Federación para el combate a la corrupción.
· Invitado: Mtro. Óscar Jorge Durán Díaz, Director de Vinculación Institucional en Banco de México.
Speaker: P.H.D. Lizbeth Xóchitl Padilla Sanabria..
Saturday, February 18 and Friday, February 24.
Reforms to the Organic Law of the Federal Court of Administrative Justice.
· Creation of the Federal Court of Administrative Justice as a court with autonomy to issue its judgments and full jurisdiction.
· Powers to sanction both public and private employees for serious misconduct.
· Creation of Specialized Courtrooms.
· Guest: Reyna Catalina Nevarez Rascón, Former Director General of Removal
Speaker: L.L.M. Areli Ruth Gómez Mundo.
Saturday, February 25 and Friday, March 3.
Reforms to the Organic Law of the Attorney General's Office.
· Creation of the Specialized Prosecutor's Office to Combat Corruption as an autonomous body to investigate and prosecute acts of corruption.
· Guest: Mario Miguel Ortega, Administrator of the Customs of Puebla and Former Legal General Director of the Attorney General's Office..
Speaker: L.L.M. Rafael Martínez Rosas.
Saturday 4 and Friday 10 March.
Reforms to the Federal Penal Code, establishing sanctions for both public servants and individuals.
· Reforms to the Organic Law of the Federal Public Administration, strengthening the Secretariat of Public Function for the prevention and fight against corruption.
Speaker: P.H.D. Lizbeth Xóchitl Padilla Sanabria.
Saturday 11 and Friday 17 March.
Case Study Workshop
Saturday 18 and Friday 24 March.
Adolfo Prieto No. 1045, Col. Del Valle, C.P. 03100, Del. Benito Juárez, Mexico City.
From February 3 to March 24
Friday from 5pm to 9pm and Saturdays from 9am to 1pm.
FEE: $ 11,000.00 + VAT
· 20% discount will apply to public servants, teachers and students.
FORMS OF PAYMENT: In cash, bank transfer or deposit; 50% upon registration.
INCLUDES: Material provided by participants, accreditation diploma and cafeteria service.
REPORTS AND REGISTRATIONS:
L.L.M. Rafael Martinez Rosas.